googlefc.controlledMessagingFunction

My Love Story 1

My Love Story

1.    Ella’s Birthday


Dad was already at the airport when he called mum in the darkness of earlier morning. How wonderful! Jimmy wasn’t as happy as I was. Mum was the happiest – women and their husbands.

I guess mum was that happy because she would now have him all for herself, and of course take care of him the 'best wife' style. For me, my money bag was coming, my protector and my best friend –  I can't wait to have my gifts.

It wasn’t necessary for the three of us to go to the airport, but mum made it compulsory. Jimmy had to end the game he was playing to join us. I knew it wasn’t easy for him, but it was mum’s order and dad was involved.

Mum was our driver. We got to Port Harcourt International Airport, Omagwa at exactly 7am. I thought he would be at the gate waiting for us – silly me. When we got inside, he was seated at the cafeteria with his luggage by his side.

“Dad…!” I yelled immediately mum opened the door.

“Hello…my boy!” he replied with a big grin.

Dad looked tired and happy at the same time. I guess he was tired from his journey and happy to see his family. Jimmy took the bigger bag and I helped with the smaller one, and then we made our way back to our car. Mum took the wheels again, Jimmy joined her in the front and the back seat was all for me and dad. Half way home, dad slept off and mum was constantly staring at him from the car's rear view mirror.

When we got home, mum hurried to the kitchen to prepare breakfast, while Jimmy went back to his game. Dad needed to rest and we all understood, but it didn’t stop me from lying beside him.

Noon came in a blink and Ella’s birthday was the trending news in the house. Her name was in everyone's mouth as if she was a part of the family. Jimmy was the first to remind mom about the birthday. Everybody was going!

We were not the last to enter the birthday venue, which was at Ella's home. Their large sitting room was used for the party. The music from the sitting room was loud enough to be heard from the gate – I hope to get a smiliar home theatre someday.

Standing beside Mrs. Dickson was the magnificent Ella. Her beauty seemed magnified on a gorgeous short red and white floral print sleeve-less gown and a black bondage boots. She braid her hair with black and brown colors of whatever she thought was the best.

Ella made a chirpy face the moment we stepped into their sitting room. She left her mum's side and ran towards us. She gave my mum a big huge, then my dad and Jimmy.

"Big head...thanks for coming..."

That was all I got from Ella with a soft punch to my tommy. Mum and Dad gave her their gifts and went over to see her parents. And where is my princess? Jenny.

Jenny was Ella's younger sister. We attended the same school, but I was in the same class with Ella, which made her my junior. I liked her, but I would always wish I had the charm to disappear when ever I see her.

It was Ella's 17th birthday, and Jenny was almost 15 years old. The birthday was huge and we'll attended by family and friends. There was enough food and drinks to go round. When I though the party was over, the worst day of my life began.

Most of the parents who came for the party had gone outside because of the loud music. It was dance...dance...dance! Jenny came in from the outside. She had gone for an erand and just returned. She was looking amazing on a black and white strip short gown.

The mc stopped the music and called out Jenny for a dancing competition. Guess who he called next? Everyone was watching. Jenny stepped out and was waiting for me.

"Brian! Don't keep a lady waiting...!" the mc yelled on the mic.

I began to fidget. I couldn't stand to my feet. Mum and dad came in to watch. How can I possibly dance with Jenny? I could barely say a word in front of her, and there was I, about to dance with her – not just to dance but, in the presence of other kids and my parents.

I wished I had the charm to disappear. Ella came and dragged me to the dance floor. I was barely 16 and this shy? No one knew what was happening to me except Ella, Jenny did too. The music began and I could only move my shoulder from one side to another, but Jenny killed it.

After the dance, I disappeared.



***

I will be back in a bit.

Photo: Google
Previous Post Next Post

نموذج الاتصال